With monsoon knocking on the door, it’s time for a good cup of tea/coffee & a DIY (lets make a DIY bag) while watching the rain.
I bet we are all in love with our t-shirts. Right from a BFF day out to the Today-is-laundry-day-so-wearing-casuals-at-office day excuse, a t-shirt can save you any time and will never let you down. T-shirts are a kind of clothing that never goes out of fashion and hence we end up buying more & more. Since they are our soul sisters we do not want to leave them either and our wardrobe space is mostly eaten up by them. Well, time to listen to your mummy dearest, who almost every day is giving you reminders to rearrange your wardrobe and discard your faded old t-shirt.
Here is a quick DIY to recycle your t-shirt:
- All you need is a t-shirt and a pair of scissors:
2. Fold your shirt into half as shown:
3. Now cut taking ½ -1 inches extra along the sleeve, neckline and hemline (Keep the hemline strip aside we would need that later). CONFUSED!!! Refer to the below image:
4. Now lay open your shirt flat and cut 1-1 ½ inches vertical strips from hemline:
5 . Start tying knots with each pair of strips:
6. Remember the hemline strip that we kept aside. Insert that through the sleeves and tie a knot. SUPER CONFUSED?? Well here’s the image:
7 TAA DAA, your t-shirt bag is ready. Yes, it’s little fragile you must say, but it’s perfect for that quick visit to the grocery or salon where you do not carry heavy items. I use it while I take my little one to the evening walk in the park. All I carry is my purse & phone and small water bottle, handkerchief and extra short pants for Gungun, my kiddo.
Anushua Chowdhury Dalal