Women, since ages has been using rose water for skin as a part of their beauty regime.
The legendary beauty queen Cleopatra (From Egypt) made rose water a must have for all the beauty enthusiasts and how can we but not follow on her foot steps?
Whether you have dry ,oily or combination skin, applying rose water in your face and body work wonders for your skin. Rose water is rich in antioxidants and its anti-inflammatory properties helps in rejuvenating, soothing and calming the skin. Rose water for skin, is easy to make at home however if you are one who is running after time then you can easily buy them online or from your nearest store, however I strongly recommend you to make your own.
Naree’s here we talk about various ways to incorporate Rose water in our regular beauty regime and our own way of making Rose water(Rose water for skin) at home without using any chemicals.
Ways to use rose water for your face:
- Ditch your regular toner to replace it with Rose water. Dab rose water on a cotton ball and apply it all over on your clean face. Rose water helps tighten your skin pores and very gently tones your skin.
- If you have dry skin make a mixture of glycerin and rose water and apply it to your clean face and leave it over night to wake up to a soft and supple skin in the morning.
- If you are prone to pimples Mix one spoon of lemon juice along with one spoon of rose water and apply it on the pimples, let it dry for sometime. Wash your face with plain water.
- Make a face pack with Multani mitti and rose water. Apply it all over face and neck and let it dry for 20 to 25 mins. Wash your face with plain water and apply rose water again as a toner followed by a mild cream or moisturizer. Use this face pack twice a week before bed time. This pack can be used for oily to combination skin.
- If you have a very oily skin and pimples are constantly disturbing you then you can give your regular cream/moisturizer a miss by trying this simple trick. Mix aloe vera and rose water together in your palm ,apply it to your face and live over night. This will not make your face oily when you wake up next morning.
Note: If you find the consistency of your Face pack or cream too dense you can lighten it to your desired consistency by adding rosewater.
Ways to use Rosewater for your body:
The legendary beauties down the history use to bathe in Rose water, but owing to the commercialization and lifestyle in the 21st centaury it is even beyond our wildest imagination to even consider bathing in the rose water. But hold on, what if I saw bathing in Rose water is not that far from happening dream. Here’s the trick:
Fill the Bucket with warm water and soak the rose patel’s in the water. With time the smell and the goodness will infuse into the water. Wait for the water to cool down . Add a few drops of glycerin to the water. This will leave your body with a soothing and sensual fragrance to last for the day.
If you are always on a run then you might spray rose water on your body after shower. Know that Rose water has anti aging properties that will keep your skin glowing.
We all know that Store bought rose water is expensive (120 ml , 42 INR approx.) and it also mixed with other ingredients like Propylene Glycol, Paraben, Bronopol etc. The question probably is :
Can we make our own Rose water?
Yes, we can make our own Rose water at home. Here is the video of how to make rose water at home.
Saffron has amazing properties that benefits our skin in amazing ways. It is rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Saffron is also known for its skin lightening properties. Adding Saffron to rose water works wonders for your skin.
We added saffron to our rose water for skin, to harness the benefits of these amazing goodness of nature together. No artificial agents like coloring or preservatives has been used.
So get ready to make Rose water the organic way, the naree way!
You might also like to know about Clay Mask for skin care. Click on me to Read on colored clay Mask
Wishing you all the best Naree’s!